Sunday, September 14, 2008

PROPERTY UPDATES FOR CASA DE POWELL

Pick a vine...any vine.... "What is it?" You might ask.... "You're guess is as good as ours," we'd say. Among the twisty, grasshopper tempting vines, are raspberries, blackberries, grapes, (blueberries yet to be planted), and I'm sure there is something I left out...but you get the picture...

This the grandkids new fantasy tower where they like to engage in games that include Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook and if Jenny is around she takes on the role of Nana. If I'm around, and I don't know how this worked out, but I'm Smee.... Don't know how I feel about that yet...

Dad's putting green. His daily goal is to sink 6 in a row before he allows himself to stop and go in... unless it's really hot, then it's the next one in...
METAL BUILDING, the shop, THE HANGER, the money pit.... All names for this building. It just recently acquired that last name of MP when they were putting the doors on and mom was yelling, "Doors!!! We have doors!! Look we have doors!" It reminded me of the scene in the Money Pit where their stairs were finally put in and Walter (Tom Hanks) was yelling, "Stairs!! We have stairs!! Honey! We have stairs...." Anyway... too much movie trivia?

We've obviously put it to good use though. Every child has their own personal square for their storage. I might have two....
GRASS!!!! WE HAVE GRASS!!!!! Just on one side though (for now) Check out that Royal Empress Tree on the right.... it used to look like a little bamboo stick... my, my, how they grow.
They grow up so fast....
I've never seen a leaf this big before...so I need to put up a comparison...
The old gazebo that was next to our pool at our old house is now in the field at the new house... with a little update.... like stones, ground cover, soon to be jasmine covered corners....

This next section is part of Fantasy/Fairy Land...


Fancy bird houses....
Reading Fairies.... she looks pretty comfortable to me...
The family orchard. I told mom and dad that I would not quit my job to work the fruit stand they were going to have to set up on the side of the road to get rid of all this fruit they would be produing within the next few years. Crazy!!! We all need to research how well fruit ships to Oregon.....
All fruit EXCEPT the fruit produced by this tree. This tree is all mine...hands off Bub!
HHhmmmmm Pomegranite......My mouth is watering and my clothes are staining just thinking about it. Reminds me of the times we lived in Woodlake and I would venture out to the pomegranite tree and throw a nice big one against the pump house fence to break it open so I go eat it like a greedy little pig in the bushes. I would walk as innocently as I could back to the house and mom would tell me NOT to be eating the pomegranates like that. "Like what? I wasn't eating pomegranites..." I said with my red stained face and hands..... Thank goodness I've grown smarter over the years. I finally started washing my face off in the pool before I went inside.....














2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger dutchlvr said...

What wonderful, SURPRISING updates! Excellent work :)

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karina...enjoyed looking at your pics. You do a great job! Your mom has been BUSY!! Over achiever!:-) the place looks magnificent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home